Music The Clock Project
September 22, 2013 – 12:00 am
My new CD, The Clock Project, is available now! This time I decided to do something a little different. Each song features a different time signature corresponding to its track number. The album contains 12 songs, all with time signatures ranging from 1/4 up to 12/4. For example, track 5 is written in a 5/4 time signature, 5 beats per measure. If this sounds strange to you, check out the Wikipedia page “complex time signatures” for some popular examples. The Clock Project differs from The Umbrella Project in that it is more of an alternative rock album, with a heavier emphasis on electric guitars, bass, and drums, with some electronic bits sprinkled throughout. Also, while The Umbrella Project was largely instrumental, all of the songs (save for one) on The Clock Project feature vocals. Most of these songs have been written since around 2010, and I have finally gotten around to recording and releasing them. I’ve always held an interest in different time signatures and I hope you enjoy the variety in these songs! The Clock Project is available to stream and order here.
Artwork Computing Miscellaneous Music The Clock Project Video
January 19, 2011 – 9:27 am
So I decided to post a little update to note the new occurrences in the fascinating life of Micah Jayne. It is now 2011! Hooray! I suppose I’m a few weeks late, but no matter. On to business!
- As you may or may not know, over the course of my Thanksgiving spent in Ohio, me and my cousins (along with the help of @nathantsego) filmed the third (yes, third!) season of the revolution known as Camo Plaid Revolution 2. You can watch said episodes on our YouTube channel here. Currently there are only 3 episodes instead of the usual 5. Due to time constraints we weren’t able to get all 5 out there, but sometime in the future, if we can scrape together enough footage, a couple more will be released.
- For christmas, my lovely girlfriend (@autumnhaac) got me the behemammoth (that’s behemoth+mammoth, I know, epic right?) of all computer mice, the Logitech G700. It is a beast. It’s super comfortable and all of the buttons are very fulfilling. It even has it’s own onboard memory and can store 5 different profiles on the mouse itself. Me and her have been playing quite a bit of Cataclysm lately and I have one profile set for gaming with some buttons set to trigger specific moves. One day while she was back for break I went over and brought my mouse and we ran a dungeon together. I used her laptop, plugged in the mouse, and all my macros worked perfectly without installing a thing. Nice.
- There are rumors that with the aid of @coreyfmurphy, a promotional video for Bathroom Protocol will be released. If you are unfamiliar with the protocol, I suggest you inform yourselves here.
- The new micahjayne.com has been up for quite sometime now! I’m pretty happy with the way it turned out and I think it proves to be more functional than the previous rendition.
- I am in the process of mapping out drums for my next CD entitled “The Clock Project.” More info on it will be released soon.
- Me and Jeremy Ray are in the process of recording one of his new songs entitled “Jaded Eyes.” All that’s left to record are vocals and a couple more electric guitar tracks.
- The very long process of recording the “The Boy, the Bird, & the Beast” record is still underway. There are 2 songs with some parts that need to be redone and only 1 full song left to record. I will also need to remap the drums, strings, and horns for all of the songs. More info on this project should be coming soon as well.
- I created a simple new flash site for Corey Franklin, which can be seen at coreyfranklin.com.
- I have just begun my final semester at Wor-Wic. This will complete my two years there and I plan to transfer to a four-year college this next fall semester.
- I have been hired as THaT* Furniture Store’s “webmaster” and am in the process of building them a new website. After the site is complete, my job will also include updating the site with new pictures. I will post a link to the new site once it’s completed.
- I have received a new Martin GPCPA3 Acoustic/Electric Guitar which is absolutely amazing and I love dearly. I have been in need of a new acoustic for quite some time now and I could not be happier.
And I believe that is all for now! Hopefully I’ll start posting more frequently instead skimming over a dozen different topics like in this one. You can expect some more updates on many of these things soon!
Music The Clock Project
September 7, 2009 – 8:36 pm
These are the lyrics to a new song from my new CD, “The Clock Project,” coming out some time in the near future.
I don’t believe that miracles happen as often as they used to
but I guess this is an exception, but this this will never happen again
I want to go back to my dreams
where distance is a myth and reality is rejected
but you know you’ll never see her again, so start rehearsing this lie
This is noise to them, but euphonies to you
I wish i could speed up the spinning of this earth
so I could jump up and land where you are
Is it just me or is there an echo in this room
but with all these noises within these walls
my thoughts are what keeps me up
All these hints you’ve dropped, I left scattered on the floor
and when I wake up you’ll have me scrambling for a dream recorder
and slowly as I wait for you in my dreams you’ll be waking
and how long should I wait until I know she’s not coming back
I’m tired of sleeping